Seasons at Selah, The Legacy of Bamberger Ranch Preserve
We are thrilled to announce the new Texas A&M University Press’ Legacy Series book, Seasons at Selah, The Legacy of Bamberger Ranch Preserve.
Professional photographers David Langford and Rusty Yates visited the ranch over four seasons in 2016-2017 to capture some of the most beautiful images of the Preserve we’ve ever seen.
Seasons at Selah Photo Gallery
The text was written by Dr. Andrew Sansom, a well-known and highly respected conservationist. Andy’s recounting of his decades-long friendship with David Bamberger adds a personal perspective to Selah’s well-known story.
While Selah’s story is incomplete without people, this book focuses on the natural wonders of the ranch and celebrates the full landscape scale of its conserved 5,500 acres.
Order your own gorgeous copy here now!
The book was featured in The Blanco County News with an extensive article and interview with David Langford. Read the full story here.
Several book signings have already taken place this summer, organized by David Langford and Rusty Yates, with more in the works. Scheduled signing events include:
- Boerne Book Festival, Boerne with TAMU Press — October 6, 2018, all day
- Native Plant Society, San Antonio — October 23, 2018 at Lion’s Field Center from 7-9:00pm
- Native Prairies Society, San Antonio — December 4, 2018 at Lion’s Field Center from 7-9:00pm
- Riverside Nature Center, Kerrville — December 13, 2018 (Reception, remarks, signing — 5:30-7:30pm., more details TBA)
- Native Plant Society, Georgetown — January 10, 2019, details TBA
- Native Plant Society, Fredericksburg — January 22, 2019, Memorial Presbyterian (Signing, exhibit, remarks — 6:30-8:00pm)
- Texas Book Festival, Austin — October 26-28, 2018, featured book program October 28 from noon-12:45pm
- South Texas Money Management event, Amarillo Botanical Gardens — November 15, 2018, details TBA
- A. Smith Gallery, Johnson City — November 24 — Exhibit 11/23/18-1/13/19, signing receptions, November 24 and December 15, 2018. Time TBA
- Texas Chapter, The Wildlife Society, Montgomery — February 21-23, 2019, details TBA
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Austin, details TBA
Additional book signing events will be posted here by Texas A&M University Press as they are scheduled.